Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cerberus1, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Cerberus1

Cerberus1 Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The forum has had something on an overhaul and is now running on different software (xenforo). Whilst the forum software is broadly similar to what we used to use (vbulletin) , there will be some differences. If anyone has any questions about the new software, feel free to post your queries in the 'feeback' forum and I'll endeavour to answer them (although I'm still learning as well :))
    Everything should have moved over to the new software - threads, posts, avatars, usernames/passwords, photos etc,
    This is a work in progress as well, there will be amendments, improvements made as we go along, but they can be done while the forum is up and running.
    Please let me know if you don't have 'permission' to do certain things, as it's more than likely I've missed certain things with regards to forum permissions.

Thanks
    Rob
    Admin

cal and Love Shoes like this.

2. Fee fee

Fee fee Guest

Just want to say I think the new software is great, so much easier to see everything and navigate throw what you want, great job :)

3. carlhall

carlhall Member

Media:
    HI, Just a quick couple of questions..... what time zone does the site work on is it UK ? I only ask out of curiosity as i just checked on a post of mine that is listed as being posted 8.30am today but was done yesterday?

Will we have a front page similar to PIO where the current posts are displayed in order of posting. When I log on it takes me to a "Forums" page. This is just a personal preference i Know a lot prefer to start on a forum listing?

4. Cerberus1

Media:
    Re: The frontpage similar to PIO, there's no way to create something similar at the moment. That was done using a vbulletin add on, which is all but dead and hasn't been updated to run on the newer version of vbulletin, in fact many of the third party vbulletin addon developers and theme developers have gone out of business, hence the reason we've decided to move a couple of the forums over to a new platform. I personally do prefer a frontpage like PIO, so will be keeping a lookout to see if something becomes available.
    Re The timezone, I'll check the settings and get back to you.

cal likes this.
  5. carlhall

carlhall Member

Media:

OK, thanks for the prompt reply, I thought it may be something along those lines.... Oh Well, I will just have to learn to adjust to progress...o_O

6. Cerberus1

Media:
    Just had a quick look and your timezone is currently set to UK time. Click on your username at the top right of the forum, then select 'Preferences' and you'll be able to change your timezone to (UTC+10:00) Brisbane, Guam

cal and carlhall like this.
  7. Keith & Linda

Keith & Linda Member

I find this forum user very unfriendly, for example I click on the tab 'new posts' whilst I expect to see new posts it just gives me a list of threads, not posts, which have some unread messages and these threads do not even include the latest activity!! for me its a very frustrating site.
    your sister sites are so much easier to use and navigate around, so maybe that's why they are more popular than LIQ, and that's another thing why not 'poms in queensland'?

8. TraxFM

TraxFM Guest

I agree, I like to see the new posts in list order not just on the forum page with lists on where you can't really see what'd been posted unless you know what you want to chat about!! can this not be changed to match PIO?

9. cal

cal Super Moderator

I just click ' New posts' at the top of the page and all the newly posted threads come up in list order.

Cal x

TraxFM likes this.
  10. Cerberus1

Media:
    I'm currently in the process of trying to revamp the homepage to make it similar to our other sites. This is a work in progress so please bear with me !

TraxFM likes this.
  11. Cerberus1

Media:
    There's also been a change in that the site has now switched from http to https, which basically means that the connection to the website is protected through authentication and encryption. If anyone experiences any problems, let me know.