Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by sam_shaile, Oct 1, 2018.

  1. sam_shaile

    sam_shaile New Member


    I am planning on applying for a partner visa. My partner lives in Brisbane, and it's a long distance relationship. We have been together for several years now, and we are thinking of moving in together. My partner thinks we should apply through an agent based in Australia. I am have no opinion on the matter, however. I just want to make sure my application is approved. We are looking at possible agents who can handle our case. We were also flirting with the idea of doing it ourselves. I don't want to take a decision without at least speaking to an agent first and seeing how they view our case.

    Does any one here have a similar story? I would like some opinions and advice on the matter. It would be very helpful to know what you guys think is the best approach.

  2. If you have your partner staying in Australia, and its long-distance relationship you are talking about, the partner visa, you should apply for is Partner (Provisional and Migrant visa) (subclass 309 and 100).However, this visa is only applicable, when you have your partner as a Permanent Resident or a Citizen
    of Australia. You need to go for both of these permanent (i.e Partner Migrant Visa Subclass 100) and temporary visas(i.e Partner Provisional Visa Subclass 309) at the same time and pay only one fee.
    Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is a temporary visa that acts as the first step towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100), whereas Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) is a permanent visa that is usually granted to people who is already holding a temporary Partner visa (subclass 309).
    For further details, Contact an experienced migration agent in Brisbane.

Share This Page