Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Health & Lifestyle' started by Robtail14, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Robtail14

Robtail14 Guest

Hi
    My husband has a job in Gladstone and we are selling up and moving from NZ to Tannum sands. We have a 9 month baby girl and 3 year old boy. (we are originally from the UK) Anyway I am very apprehensive..I used to be a good traveller but now we have children its soo daunting. Is tannum sands badly polluted (because of the refinery on Boyne island and the rest of the major industry) I keep thinking its going to be a case for Erin Brockovich...
    I have just about got my head around snakes crocs spiders and other wild critters but just wondered if the flooding is an annual thing in the region and do we need an escape pack like we do in NZ for earthquakes?
    Dont get me wrong Im not looking for the bad in everything Im just nervous....Will think about those turtles and spending holidays on Heron island, it does look beautiful there. :) Also can anyone recommend a good pre school in Tannum for our outgoing boy? thanks in advance. sarah

2. Robtail14

Robtail14 Guest

Think we have answered our own question about pollution...checked out WHO Gladstone is within the normal range and actually lower than you think when you do a comparison to other countries...Australia has some of the cleanest air in the world :)

3. cal

cal Super Moderator

Tannum is lovely, i wouldnt have a clue re- pollution but i know its a popular place to live for those who work in Gladstone.

Cal x